Masks should be used as part of a global strategy to avoid the transmission of diseases. Using a mask alone is not sufficient to provide adequate protection against COVID-19.
Everyone should wear a mask around people who do not live in your household, especially when social distancing is difficult to maintain. You can also buy soft and reusable face masks through various online stores at wholesale prices.
Make wearing masks a normal part of being with other people. It is important to use, store, and clean or dispose of masks properly to be as effective as possible.
Here are the basics of wearing a mask:
- Clean your hands before putting on the mask, after removing and touching.
- Make sure it covers your nose, mouth, and chin as well.
- When removing the mask, keep the mask in a clean plastic bag or throw it in the trash if it is a medical mask,
- Always wash it every day if it is a cloth mask.
- Do not use valve masks.
- Maintain a distance of about 6 feet between yourself and other people. Mask is not a substitute for social distancing.
Masks should not be used on children under 2 years of age. Do not use a mask designed for a health care professional. Today, surgical masks and N95 respirators are essential to the supplies that need to be made available to health care professionals and other first responders.